Thursday, November 11, 2010

T plus 21 days

Saw several doctors yesterday at NYU. While they did not openly express any concern over the leg issue and fatigue, they did say they wanted to monitor things well into 2011, and beyond if necessary. Just in case. It's an age thing according to them; they have not had a donor my age, so I'm sort of their test case. More blood work and visits set for December.
Going to continue the heat pad routine, exercise and trying to get my appetite back. I've lost 14 lbs since the surgery. Docs said to eat what I enjoy and not to worry (for the time being) about the healthy (or lack thereof) of what I consume. They weren't too worried about the weight loss..for now.
I saw Toby (recipient) while at NYU. She looked good and said the her new found kidney was doing well. I informed her that I took great pains to prime that sucker before turning it over to her. Toby said that if she starts drinking scotch and telling bad puns (ugh), we'll both know that the kidney that used to reside in Thomas Carr is having a positive effect! Well, the "positive" part is my editorializing.

No comments:

Post a Comment