Saturday, March 13, 2010

Where was I......oh, yeah, once my brother had passed his new tests, I was "relegated to the bench". Not that I minded. If it was my wife, I'd want to be the donor for her; so no hard feelings there.

The whole experience had made me more aware of what the kidney transplant process was all about and what it could mean to be a possible donor. Absorbing information online about the donor and recipient and the effects on their lives following transplant, made me want to be a participant in this life-giving progression. The ability to enhance the quality of life of someone while minimally affecting your own life physically is, to me, a wonderful opportunity. And it is one in which I am very anxious, and hopefully able, to participate.

At this point I am enrolled in the Kidney Register. I've submitted my blood tests the results of which have been blessed by their health committee. Presently, I'm waiting to hear from them concerning further tests to be conducted at Cornell Medical center.

Stay tuned.......

No comments:

Post a Comment